A work in progress;



Saturday, August 22, 2015

Have you ever been so in love with someone that made you feel like he or she is the only reason that made you feel alive? Have you ever had someone who made you feel that you never want to be separated from him or her? 

And you started isolating yourself from others because as long as he or she is around, everything else doesn't matter anymore.


Have you? 




I once distanced myself from friends of the opposite sex because I was in love and I couldn't risk to lose him. I somehow did it intentionally but at the same time, unintentionally as well. Intentionally as in I did not want him to feel jealous and insecure just because I was too close to my boy friends, so I stopped myself from hanging around with them so much. And as for unintentionally, my time was always occupied with 'him', so I did not really have time for others. Even if I could, I wouldn't. I was always busy spending every single moment I could with him whenever we were in the school compound. Even during the holidays, I was busy planning where to go with him. And there were the times where I was busy replying or waiting for his messages or calls. I was busy thinking about what were the things I could do for his birthday, Valentines Day and whatsoever day to make his day, to make him happy. 


Everything was about him. Nobody else. There I did not realize how I was actually slowly pulling myself away and neglecting my best friend


I stopped replying his messages and I started to find excuses for that. I wasn't bothered to spend quality time with him when we had the chance to. I took him for granted, thinking he would always be there. I did not realize how I was ruining our relationship. And most importantly, I did not realize how disappointed and upset he was. 


People always say that what goes around, comes around. I've always been questioning myself about why is everyone I loved so much leaving one by one. Why did they all take granted of what I did for them and just left like that? But now I realized, it was me who put aside and left the ones who loved me first. It was me who took granted of the ones who were always there by my side.  


And when things fell apart, I lost both sides. There was no one I could really go to. He was still there, but it's just not the same anymore. He asked why is he always the last one to know about things, I kept quiet. How could I just run back to him after screwing things up between us? How could I expect him to still listen to my stories after months of not bothering about him?  


I messed up so hard. And if I had the chance, I would go back in time to make things right again. Whatever it is, I still really want to thank him for still being here and never leaving. Thank You, for this second chance. 






As long as you know you're doing the right thing, don't ever drop your bestfriends for your partner. You would've lose people who would've stayed with you forever just for someone who might be temporary. 


No comments: